Monday, June 1, 2015

Christianity



As we talk about growing in all areas of life, I believe that religion is the foundation for all the other areas. (By religion I mean one’s core beliefs and practices.) My purpose in this post is not to convince skeptics and atheists; but rather to speak to seekers, theists, and Christians about the importance of Christianity. You see, I can accel in all the areas, I can be successful in my life, but one day everything I’ve done will fade into oblivion.


Let me submit to you, many religions put emphasis on the afterlife, because we humans have this inner sense that there must be something after this life. Is there an afterlife? Or is this life all there is? If there is an afterlife, what will it be like? If there is a heaven/paradise, how do I get there? It is important to get those answers, because eternity is… well, forever.

The first video is written as if it is a letter from God to humanity. It does a very good job of explaining the Christian worldview. The second one explains (more clearly) what the Bible says about how to get into heaven.






Following
(John 8:31) So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples,


A true follower of Christ abides (lives) in the word of God. We must be studying it (Acts 17:11 and 2 Tim 2:15), by ourselves and with others, and we must do what it says (James 1:22). I recommend starting with one of the gospels, the epistles, or the book of Proverbs.


Success
We often define success by our accomplishments, position, amount of wealth, or popularity. However, for a Christian, success is defined by faithfulness. God has given us everything: brain, body, money, job, relationships. Are we being faithful in using those things the way that he wants us to? We may not be perfect, nor will we be perfect, but do we pursue perfection? Just as Paul pursued the perfection in Christ (Philippians 3:12-14), do we have the ambition to pursue perfection.

When first saw that trailer of the movie Limitless, I was very inspired by all the cool things that Eddie Morra did (although I was very leary of the idea of taking a drug to get that result). So, instead I prayed. Maybe I did it out of selfishness at first (I wanted to be rich and own the nice sports cars). I wanted to be successful in the world’s way. I have realized that it is better to be faithful with what God has given me. Then I will be successful in His eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment